Library takes up half of the ground floor, to the right of the
front door. It was formed parallel with foundation of the museum
in 1952. The first great collection of text-books and manuals
was donated to the Museum by the Nautical Technicum from Kotor
(former Nautika), established in 1849.
Today the Library is in the possession of over 16.000 library
units stored in a data bank and kept in specially built vitrines.
The Library is of open type and its users can take advantage of
its Reading room, Maritime Archives and of a remarkable
collection of books referring to maritime affairs as well as to
social and natural sciences.
The Library fund has been established through donations,
purchase and exchange.