This department contains specimens of folk costumes of the
inhabitants of the Montenegrin Littoral, jewelry, ornamental
items as well as selected pieces of antique furniture.
1. Women's folk costumes of the Montenegrin coastal places of
Dobrota, Risan, Sestane an Spitch including some articles of the
Montenegrin folk costume.
2. The glass showcases contain specimens of old jewelry and
ornamental items such as women's belts decorated in silver (cemeri),
fans, watches, spindles, silver buttons and exhibits made of
ivory. Of usable objects are displayed:
old English ceramics dishes of extraordinary beauty, pharmacy
mortar from the Kotor pharmacy (XVIII c), oil lamps, French
clock-gold plated bronze (XIX a), as well as ornamental objects
- finely crafted Chinese and Japanese vases.
Selected Pieces of Antique Furniture
3. Secretary - a cupboard with secret drawers
4. A piece of the Tripkovic family's drawing room furniture from
the Bay of Kotor (XIX c.)
5. Antique chest of drawers from the Bay of Kotor
6. Gold-plated Venetian looking glass (end of XVIII c.)
7. Chest of drawers with ivory tarsia (second part of XVIII c.)
1. "Little France Laforest in his
Mother's Lap" - Viennese work (first half of XIX c.)
2. "The Sea of HercegNovi" - A. Sosonovski, 1934